Help! I Don’t Know Where To Start With My Diet...
No worries - I’ve got you.
Last week I pulled out this beautiful statistic: “over half of the British population don’t know what to do in a gym… 23% are too embarrassed to use the equipment, while many adults lack the basic knowledge to advance workouts…” [Source: Nuffield Health]
So it’s not much of a stretch to assume that a lot of people don’t really know where to start when it comes to nutrition.
Especially when after a quick google search “How to lose weight?” I get 405,000,000 results in 0.71 seconds, with recommendations like:
- Eat low carb / high fat
- Eat low fat / high carb
- Eat fruit
- Absolutely do not eat fruit
- You must weigh and measure your food in precisely these ratios
- Measuring food is unsustainable
- Eat all meat [carnivore] and nothing else
- Go vegan
- Fast for 16 hours a day
- Eat a meal every 2.5 - 3 hours that you’re awake
- You NEED these supplements and pills
- You can get all the nutrition you need from food
- Saturated fat is the devil
- Saturated fat is absolutely necessary for good health
- Drink your own urine for various health, healing and cosmetic purposes…
- Follow me on instagram for shirtless photos coupled with motivational quotes [I’d rather drink the piss...]
For a relative beginner, it’s like walking through a densely packed minefield with your shoelaces tied together, while nutrition “gurus” shoot fireworks at your face and groin… After drinking piss…
Beginners can’t go from microwave pizzas and breakfast rum to weighing and measuring salmon and broccoli overnight. It just doesn’t work like that. What does work is one small, easy, sustainable change each week…
Here are 10 weeks of nutrition habits…
They took a surprisingly long time to develop.
What they lack in sex appeal, they more than make up for in ease and effectiveness.
Unfortunately, people rarely place any value on things they get for free - that would be a massive f***ing mistake in this case…
Read it... Follow it as written and in 10 weeks you’ll be leaner, more healthy and eating like an intermediate.
With your new found understanding of diet and nutrition you can MAYBE start to dabble with [or maybe just completely ignore] intermediate / advanced nutrition protocols - one of which I will publish next week. Don’t even look at it if you haven’t worked your way through these habits first!
Start with week 1, do one step per week and resist the urge to implement them all in one go…
“Sit the f*** down and have a beer…”
~ Coach Collins